InfoFlex New Functionality Overview – May 2017
CIMS is preparing for the May 2017 release of InfoFlex with a number of additions and enhancements that make the product even faster and more convenient to use.
CIMS has created InfoFlex Analytics within the Data Entry module. InfoFlex Analytics allows for a new type of item that can show bar charts, line charts, scatter diagrams and pie charts within data entry to help display and visualise patterns of data. Further details can be found on the InfoFlex Analytics news release.
Updates to Image Capture
It is now possible to capture images using DirectShow video capture sources such as web cams. The InfoFlex USB video control uses the DirectShow API to display video and capture images. The primary objective of this control is to allow the capture of images from the Epiphan AV.io HD capture control device. This is a USB frame grabber that uses the USB video class driver, so no driver installation is necessary. The control can also be used to capture images from any source that is registered as a video capture filter within DirectShow.
Also within image capture, there is a new registry setting to prevent multiple images being taken when the ‘Capture’ button is pressed multiple times. In Data Entry, the ‘Capture’ button now disables after taking a picture and is re-enabled after a certain time set in the registry.
Book appointments using waiting lists
Within the Scheduler module, appointments can now be booked from waiting lists. The waiting list can be viewed and then patients selected from the list to be booked into appointments. The booked appointment retains a link with the waiting list so that if, for example, the appointment is cancelled the patient will be put back on the waiting list. Appointments can also now be booked via an easy to use wizard instead of the standard dialog.
Digital Dictation volume level
Within the Digital Dictation Add-in new functionality has been introduced to check the volume level. If the input level is too low or cannot be detected, the message ‘The microphone input level is too low. Do you wish to continue?’ will be displayed. Furthermore, an input level meter is displayed, where green bars indicate the level of volume that is being recorded.
Improved speed of operation
In addition to the above developments, changes have been made to the following items in order to improve the speed of performance:
- Additional functionality has been added to the Correspondence Add-in, so that when running mode 1.2 within the Work List module, the consultant can validate one letter after another without closing and re-opening the Correspondence Add-in dialog.
- Updates have been made to the mechanisms for refreshing dictionary linked items and for ensuring dictionary linked items in queries have up to date data. This will help to reduce the possibility of locks on tables.
- Within the Digital Dictation Add-in the speed of the “Preparing” stage of the recording process has now been improved by introducing cached local audio files.
- The performance of the Growth Chart Add-in has been improved.
- The check for mandatory items in the Scheduler patient event is now carried out earlier, giving the user the chance to make any corrections while the Patient Details panel is on the screen rather than allowing the booking to fail.
For further information or a copy of the release notes, please contact CIMS.
Posted on: Thursday, 11th May 2017
Return to news